CD/TUNER/USB/AUX Head Unit
2-DIN CD RECEIVER WITH BLUETOOTH
The Alpine CDE-W296BT combines all the cool new features and functions you would expect from a much more expensive head units, such as Alpine TuneIt App compatibility for iPhone and Android based phones, allowing full sound tuning and sharing via your phone, as well as new Facebook message alerts.
It’s Steering Wheel Remote Control Ready for a perfect install in almost any vehicle. If your car is equipped with a start-stop engine, this Head Unit is even more interesting for you, since it will keep playing when your engine stops at a crossroad.
It also features a 3-way crossover and you can even adjust the button and display illumination colour separately with a stunning 150.000 colour variations.
The Alpine CDE-W296BT offers a simplistic and stylish look making this premium head unit the perfect OEM upgrade. Play all your favourite music from CD, MP3/WMA/AAC files on USB storage, plug in your iPod/iPhone or listen to the radio with RDS (Radio Data System) for a variety of features such as display of station and track information. Plus, a handy AUX input on the front panel makes it easy to connect virtually any portable music device. What’s more, built-in Bluetooth enables hands-free calling, audio streaming and voice control with compatible phones for maximum convenience.
The 9 band parametric EQ and high pass / low pass filters give you maximum control to tune the sound exactly how you like it, while the TuneIt app gives you even more advanced audio tuning options including search and download of preset audio parameters, and Facebook text-to-speech right from your compatible smartphone.
Built-In Adaptive Steering Wheel Remote Control (Resistive Type)
The built-in adaptive steering wheel remote control allows factory steering wheel control functionality to be retained without the hassle and cost of an external interface module. Compatible with resistive-type vehicles a quick learning and simple set-up is done via the settings menu of the Alpine CDE-W296BT.
Variable Illumination Gives You a World of Colour
With Variable Illumination, you’re no longer limited to a choice of just a few colours. You can actually browse through a range of more than 150,000 colours to select exactly the tone to match or complement your dashboard illumination. Many preset colours are also available. Display and button illumination are independently selectable. You can choose to match your car manufacturers style, e.g. VW red buttons and a blue display.
This unit is equipped with an active crossover. The crossover limits the frequencies delivered to the outputs. Each channel is controlled independently. Thus, each speaker pair can be driven by the frequencies for which they have been optimally designed.
The crossover adjusts the HPF (high pass filter) or LPF (low pass filter) of each band, and also the slope (how fast the filter rolls off the highs or lows). Adjustments should be made according to the reproduction characteristics of the speakers. Depending on the speakers, a passive network may not be necessary. If you are unsure about this point, please consult your authorized Alpine dealer.
Tune Your Sound, Check Your Facebook
Download the Alpine TuneIt App, then connect your iPhone via USB or Android based smartphone via Bluetooth. Now you’re ready to use your phone as a handy interface to achieve exactly the sound you want in your car. If you’re on Facebook, the app will also notify you of new messages on both your phone and the head unit. For more details, see the Alpine TuneIt App description in the Apps product category.
BASS ENGINE SQ
The BASS button next to the central control knob takes you directly to the advanced bass level adjustment function. As you choose one of the six levels, it automatically adjusts frequency cut-off, Q factor and subwoofer level for optimum sound quality and tonal balance.
Built-in Bluetooth® Has Many Advantages
Bluetooth® comes built in, so you can enjoy hands-free phone operation and a wide range of convenient functions for superior in-car phone use. These include the ability to hold and switch incoming calls, phonebook functions like auto updating and easy ABC search, and easier control of music search and playback functions. When an iPhone is connected to the USB port for the first time, the unit will automatically start the inital Bluetooth setup.
Hear the Music You Love, from Many Different Apps!
Alpine takes head unit/iPhone integration a step further with App Direct. Connect your iPhone via USB and App Direct will let you listen to sound from many apps through your system speakers. Select music or talk from Internet Radio, streaming services, whatever your favourite apps are. You get full control from the iPhone’s touch screen and the iPhone stays fully operational.
Full Enjoyment of iPods and iPhones
The CDE-W296BT provides a high speed USB connection to let you enjoy the functions of your iPod or iPhone. Along with superior sound quality and easy operation, you also get quick music search via song, artist, album, and other choices.
Siri Voice Control
Use the voice control key to activate Siri on your iPhone 4S / iPhone 5 / iPhone 6 and 6 Plus to control the music playback and place calls. This works also for Android phones with voice control function.
Alpine CDE-W296BT – KEY FEATURES
- Memory Presets: Preset Stations (FM:18, MW:6, LW:6)
- Memory: Auto Memory
- Seek Mode: Local/DX Selection
- RDS Functions: TA, TP, AF,CT, PTY, EON, Radio Text+
- PTY (Programme Type) Display:
- Built-in BLUETOOTH® Module
- Hands Free Calling: HFP (Hands Free Profile)
- Streaming Music: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) Compatible
- Streaming Music Control: AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile) Ver.1.4 Compatible
- BT Plus Advanced BLUETOOTH Technology
- Connection: SSP (Secure Simple Pairing) Supported
- Phone Book: Phone Book Synchronization
- Phone Book Search: 3 Letters Alphabet Search
- Shortcut Dialling: 6 Presets Memory
- Phone Registration: up to 5 Phones can be registered
- Multiple Phone Number Registration: 5 Phone Number Registration Possibility
- Phone Book Label Display: Telephone Type Display (General, Mobile, Home, Office, Other)
- Voice Dial Operation: Voice Control for iPhone Supported
- Auto Answer
- Call Waiting
- Call History Display: Phone Book Call/Dialled call/Received call/Missed call
- Speech Volume Level Adjustment: Adjustable for Outgoing and Incoming Volume
- Hands-Free Phone Sound Setting: 5 Type Selection
- Signal Strength Indicator
- Battery Level Indicator
- Output Speaker Selection
- Menu Language Selection: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Russian
- Firmware Updatable
- Microphone Included
Made for iPod® / iPhone®
- Compatibility for iPod/iPhone: Made for iPod touch 5G/4G/3G/2G/1G, iPod nano 7G/6G/5G/4G/3G, iPod classic 160GB/120GB/80GB, iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G and iPhone
- Connection: KCU-445i Required (for iPods / iPhones with 30-pin connector)
- Available Selections: Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Podcast, Genre, Composer, Audiobook, Genius Mix
- Alphabet Search
- Percentage Search
- App Direct Mode
- Direct Up/Down: Playlist, Artist, Album, Genre, Composer, Episode Up/Down
- M.I.X. (Shuffle) Play: Song, Album, All
- Repeat one
- Battery Charging
- iPhone: Automatic initial Bluetooth setup via USB
Alpine TuneIt App
- Alpine TuneIt App Ready with iPhone and Android
- Sound Setting Function
- Sound Setting Data Upload to Alpine Cloud Server (Data Sharing)
- Facebook Notification
- Compatible for iPhone and Android Smartphones: Available on Apple App Store and Google Play Store
- Disc Type: CD Player
- Disc Playback Type: CD, CD-R/RW
- Music Playback: CDDA, MP3, WMA, AAC Playback
- M.I.X. Random Play: Track/Folder, All
- Playback Control: Play/Pause/Forward/Backward
- CD Text Display: Disc/ Track display
- CD Text Name Search
- Percentage Search
- DAC: 24 bit DAC
- Zero data Mute
- Digital Servo
USB Media Connection
- Front USB Connection
- Music Playback: MP3, WMA, AAC File Playback
- USB Class: Mass Storage Class
- File/Folder Name Search
- Folder Up/Down
- M.I.X. Random Play: Folder, All
- Subwoofer Level Adjustment
- Bass Engine
- BASS ENGINE SQ
- Subwoofer Phase Select: 0°/ 180°
- Subwoofer System Select
- Default Equalizer setup
- Equalizer: Flat, Pops, Rock, News, Jazz, Electrical Dance, Hip Hop, Easy Listening, Country and Classical
- 9-band Parametric Equalizer
- Digital Time Correction
- Digital Crossover Setting: 2Way / 3Way System
- Application Volume Level Setting
- Power IC Management System
- Alpine TuneIt App ready
- Power Output: 4 x 50W High Power Amplifier with Advanced Power IC
- Display: 14 Segments RGB LCD Display, 2 Lines
- Control Type: Rotary Encoder Knob
- Face Color: Black
- Illumination Buttons: Variable RGB Illumination Buttons
- Display Colour Setting: Variable RGB Color Display
- Display and button illumination independently selectable
- High Grade Audiophile Design
- 3 PreOuts (2V, Front + Rear + Subwoofer)
- DAC: 24-bit DAC
- AUX-In: Front AUX Input (3.5mm mini jack)
- Steering Wheel Remote Control Ready: Direct connection
- Mute: -20dB Mute (Remote control only)
- Remote Control Ready
- Menu Language: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Russian
- Firmware Updatable: via USB
- Detachable DIN Trim Plate
- Power Antenna Lead
- Remote Turn-On
- Start-Stop Engine unaffected
- Voice Control (SIRI activation)