In-Dash Digital Media Receiver with Apple Car Play
The innovative ALPINE iLX-700 In-Dash System with Apple CarPlay brings you a smarter way to use your iPhone on the road. Apple CarPlay gives iPhone users an incredibly intuitive way to make calls, use Maps, and listen to music and access messages with just a word or a touch.
You can even enjoy Spotify, internet radio or Podcasts while on the road for a truly connected experience.
When Apple CarPlay is used on the Alpine iLX-700, users can control Apple CarPlay from the 7-inch high-resolution display or activate Siri for minimized distraction.
Apple CarPlay is compatible with iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, Phone 5, iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 plus running the latest version of IOS.
Apple Car Play offers a safe and intuitive way to use your iPhone in your car. Simply connect your iPhone to the iLX-700 through the lightning connector and the Apple Car Play apps appear on your Alpine screen.
|Apple Car Play seamlessly integrates with your iPhone for greater operating ease and functionality. Use Siri to make calls, return missed calls and listen to voice mails, keeping your eyes on the road.
You get your Contacts, Favorites and Recents lists, a Keypad display and an easy-to-use Call Screen.
|Wherever you go, let Apple Car Play show you the way. The utter simplicity of Apple Maps will guide you through turn-by-turn spoken directions, interactive 3-D views, traffic conditions and estimated travel time – all from your dashboard. And when you start to input an address, Apple Car Play will use various information to quickly predict the destination.|
Additional Apple Car Play apps
|Additional Apple Car Play approved apps such as Spotify, Podcasts, Rdio and others can be downloaded from iTunes to your iPhone and will then appear on the Apple Car Play menu.
For more information and updates on third party apps supported by Apple Car Play, please visit the Apple Car Play website.
|Apple Car Play Apps|
|When connecting your iPhone there are four pre-installed Apple Car Play apps: Music, Phone, Maps and Messages.
They basically work just the same as on your iPhone, however they have been optimised to be used in the vehicle while driving. Simply tell Siri what music you want to listen to, dictate SMS messages, ask for driving directions or take and place calls.
Below we explain the these key apps in more detail. When you stop your car and engage the parking break you get additional option such as a keyboard to manually input navigation destinations.
|You can control all the music search options of your iPhone directly from the iLX-700. Search playlists, artists, albums, songs, and more by scrolling or via alphabetic search. You can also activate Siri to play music by giving voice commands. The USB connection ensures superfast access and high-quality sound.|
|Enjoy a better way of text messaging with friends and family with Apple Car Play when you’re on the road. Through your voice commands, Siri can do all the heavy lifting by sending, reading and replying to your text messages so that you never have to glance at your phone while behind the wheel.|
|Apple Car Play uses Siri voice control specifically for driving scenarios. Tell Siri what you’d like to listen to and Siri will be on it. Want a text message read or sent? Siri has that handled. Have calls to take and return on the road? Siri is the perfect co-pilot for that. Siri can seamlessly be activated from the dedicated hard button on the iLX-700 and on your steering wheel controls (if applicable).|
Edge-to-Edge Glass Design
The Alpine iLX-700 features a beautiful edge-to-edge glass design that underlines the premium quality of the product. It seamlessly integrates into your car for a neat appearance.
7” Capacitive WVGA Touch Screen
Using the 7” capacitive touch screen for the first time you will notice how well and delay-free it responds to inputs. This is by far the best screen we ever put into any of our products. Key features are:
- Highly responsive to inputs
- Supports drag and flick gestures
- Excellent visibility even in direct sunlight
- High contrast and brightness
- Includes DEMO mode
Digital AM / FM Tuner Provides High Performance
Alpine’s digital AM / FM tuner finds and locks onto stations with extreme precision for superior sound quality and faster tuning performance. Virtually it also eliminates interference from multipath and adjacent channels. As a result, you enjoy crystal clear radio reception at all times.
Become a Tuning Expert with Alpine TuneIt App
Download the free Alpine TuneIt App onto your iPhone and create a user profile about your vehicle and Alpine sound system. Settings that can be adjusted include Time Correction, Parametric EQ, Crossover, and Media Xpander. You can make and save up to 100 different sound settings in your account, which is helpful if you want various settings to use for specific types of music.
You can also …
- Upload numerous preset vehicle choices for easier sound system tuning.
- Share your sound tunings through the Alpine Cloud Server
- Adjust Bass-Engine SQ bass characteristics for different types of music
Note: The Alpine TuneIt App is required to use all of the iLX-700’s sound tuning capabilities.
BASS ENGINE SQ
This advanced bass customisation control automatically adjusts frequency cut-off, Q factor and subwoofer level, while maintaining optimum overall sound balance. It also offers five presets for quick selection.
The iLX-700 will fit in most vehicles with its very low installation depth of only 7cm. It allows installation in VW Golf 7, BMW Series 1, BMW Series 3 and other vehicles with shallow 2DIN installation depth.
- Three PreOuts
- Rear View Camera Ready: Connect an Alpine rear view camera system (sold separately) and get the convenience and peace-of-mind of knowing what is behind your vehicle.
- AUX-Video Input: Enjoy video content from your video device (3.5mm mini-jack)
See Beyond Traditional Blind Spots
Alpine makes it easy to add Drive Assist camera systems to any Alpine AVN system. Choose from a variety of camera systems that make parking a breeze. Alpine cameras are durable and specifically designed for wide-angle and multi-angle views for front and rear applications.
Connection for Alpine Climate Control and Parking Sensor Interfaces
Many original factory head units have climate control and parking displays, which will be lost if the unit is removed. With the Alpine iLX-700, this is not a problem, as it supports Alpine interfaces that provide attractive graphic displays of climate control and parking information. This ensures full integration of the Alpine system with the car for greater driving safety and convenience.
Parking sensor displays distances to the front and rear, making it easier and safer to maneuvre into and out of parking spaces.
Full climate and heater contour display including air vent settings and seat heater display makes it easy to achieve desired settings.
HFT (Hands Free Transfer) via USB Connection
- Full connection with the iPhone including phone hands free calling is done via USB connection
- No Bluetooth connection required
- Plug & Play pairing with iPhone when connected (The iLX-700 does not have a Bluetooth module)
Alpine iLX-700 FEATURES
- Memory Presets: FM:18 / MW:6 / LW:6
- Memory: Auto Memory
- Seek Mode: Local / DX Selection
- RDS Functions: AF, TA, EON, RADIO TEXT
Connection for iPhone®
- Compatibility for iPhone®: Works with Apple CarPlay; iPhone5S,iPhone5C, iPhone5, iPhone 6, or iPhone 6 plus
- Connection: KCU-471i (Not Included) or Apple Lightning Cable
- Artwork Display
- Available Selections: Playlist/Artist/Album/Song/Podcast/Genre/Composer/Audiobook
- Alphabet Search
- Direct Up/Dn: Playlist/Artist/Album/Podcast/Genre/Composer
- M.I.X. (Shuffle) Capability: Song, Albums, All
- Battery Charging
- USB Extension Cable Included
- Subwoofer Level Adjustment
- Subwoofer Phase Select
- BASS ENGINE SQ
- Equalizer: Flat, Pops, Rock, News, Jazz, Electrical, Hip Hop, Country, Classical
- 9-band Parametric Equalizer
- Time Correction: 6-Channel Digital Time Correction
- Crossover: Digital Crossover Setting
- Alpine TuneIt App Ready
- Power Output: 4 x 50 W High Power Amplifier
- Display: 7 inch High Resolution Display
- Control Type: Capacitive Touch Screen
- High Grade Audiophile Design
- Camera Connection: 1 Camera Input
- AUX Input: 1 A/V AUX Input (3.5mm mini jack) for DVB-T tuners or any audio/video playback device
- 3 PreOuts (2V, Front/Rear/Subwoofer)
- Steering Wheel Remote Control Ready
- Auto Dimmer
- Power Antenna Lead
- Remote Turn-On
- Remote Control Ready
- CAN Connection port
- Start-Stop Engine unaffected
Alpine iLX-700 – SPECIFICATIONS
- 7 inch Capacitive WVGA Touch Screen
- LCD Type: Transparent Type TN LCD
- Operation System: TFT Active Matrix
- Number of Picture Elements: 1,152,000 pixels (800 x 3 x 480)
- Effective Number of Picture Elements: 99% or more
- Illumination System: White LED Backlighting
- Tuning Range: 87.5 – 108.0 MHz
- Mono Usable Sensitivity: 8.1 dBf (0.7 µV / 75 ohms)
- 50dB Quieting Sensitivity: 13.5 dBf (1.1 µV / 75 ohms)
- Alternate Channel Selectivity: 80 dB
- Signal-to-Noise (S/N) Ratio: 60 dB
- Stereo Separation: 35 dB
- Capture Ratio: 2.0 dB
- Tuning Range: 531 – 1,602 kHz
- Usable Sensitivity (IEC Standard): 25.1 µV / 28 dBf
- Tuning Range: 153 – 281 kHz
- Usable Sensitivity (IEC Standard): 31.6 µV / 30 dBf
- Subwoofer Level Adjustment: 0 to +15
- Subwoofer Phase Setting: 0° or 180°
- BASS ENGINE SQ: 5Mode, Level 0 to +6
- High Pass Filter: 20 / 25 / 31.5 / 40 / 50 / 63 / 80 / 100 / 125 / 160 / 200 Hz
- Low Pass Filter: 20 / 25 / 31.5 / 40 / 50 / 63 / 80 / 100 / 125 / 160 / 200 Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 1): 20 – 100 Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 2): 63 – 315 Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 3): 125 – 500 Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 4): 250 – 1k Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 5): 500 – 2k Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 6): 1k – 4k Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 7): 2k – 7.2 k Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 8): 5.8k – 12k Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 9): 9k – 20k Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Gain): -7 to +7
- Time Correction: 0.0 – 9.9ms (0.1ms step)
- Application Volume Level: -14 to +14
- High Pass Filter (Slope): Off / -6 / -12 / -18 / -24 dB/oct.
- High Pass Filter (Gain): -12 to 0 dB
- Low Pass Filter (Slope): Off / -6 / -12 / -18 / -24 dB/oct.
- Low Pass Filter (Gain): -12 to 0 dB
- Din Size: 2DIN
- Chassis Size (W x H x D) mm: 178 x 100 x 75.5 mm
- Power Requirement: 14.4 V.DC (11-16V allowable)
- Pre Output Voltage (Before Clipping): 2 V / 10k ohms
- AUX Audio Output Level: 1.2 V / 10k ohms
- Maximum Mounting Angle: 30°
- Weight: 0.9 kg