X-Series 6.5″ Component 2-Way Speakers
X-Series: An Audiophile Sound Experience
Alpine introduces the all-new X-Series of high-grade speakers and amplifiers. These products have been engineered and tuned to create a perfect match for extraordinarily dynamic, realistic sound reproduction and a spatial sound impression. With Alpine X-Series speakers, you can enjoy Hi-Res Audio playback up to 40kHz with stunning detail and dynamic.
These flagship speakers have been engineered and tuned with highest precision and use highest grade materials, while staying affordable and offering a wide vehicle compatibility.
The New Speakers are the First in a Family of Components with the Alpine ID Sound System Philosophy, Experience the music as the artist originally intended by taking your sound system to a premium level with the new X-Series speakers.
Alpine Sound ID
Alpine’s top sound engineers from all over the world gathered in the Alpine Iwaki, Japan headquarters to critically evaluate in-car sound from aftermarket and high-end factory systems. While many of these systems were able to perform with wide dynamic range and at sufficient volume levels, there was a lack of reality of instruments, but most predominantly in most systems, a lack of spatial imaging. As a result, Alpine ID was born to address this need.
Alpine ID, which stands for “Alpine: Image Defined,” is Alpine’s new global philosophy with an evolutionary approach for solving what’s missing in most car audio systems these days: great spatial imaging and depth of stage. The Alpine ID philosophy centers on developing matched sound systems that work together to create a highly realistic sound stage with great dynamic range (Hi-Res Audio) and sound quality. The matched sound system components allow the listener to experience a new level of realism and engagement while enjoying music in their vehicle. In other words, the listener can experience the music as the artist originally intended. The X-Series speakers, amplifiers, and subwoofers create the foundation of sound system components that will feature Alpine’s new sound philosophy.
All New Motor Structure
|Alpine uses high-power neodymium magnets for the new X-Series speakers. This means the magnet can be much smaller compared to traditional speaker designs, allowing for a much lower mounting depth and overall space requirement inside the car door.||By using a powerful Neodymium magnet in a radial configuration, we could achieve a very compact motor assembly for a high vehicle compatibility rate. The radial magnet configuration drastically increases magnetic efficiency – resulting in high dynamic and power handling.||The High Amplitude Multi-Roll (HAMR) surround allows a maximum, linear cone excursion for high SPL, while maintaining full control over the diaphragm at any excursion stage for highest sound clarity.|
X-Series Motor Linearity
Included Mesh Grill
|Alpine needed to create a speaker with balanced motor force throughout its operating range of motion. A balanced force factor curve should look identical / mirrored when the cone moves in or out. The Alpine X-Series speakers offer excellent linearity for highest clarity.||The small-diameter nano-fibers create a cone structure that is lightweight and rigid, for increased sound accuracy. Nano-fiber cones also have good internal damping, so residual energy decays quickly without distorting the original music tones.||Alpine have included a metal mesh grill to protect the woofer in open installations.|
Max RMS Power Capacity: 120W
Peak Power Capacity: 360W
X-Series Speakers Frequency Response
We aimed to create a speaker system with extended high frequency response to faithfully reproduce the sound stage and the harmonic details of the music.
New Carbon Graphite Tweeter
Network Design (X-S65C and X-S69C only)
|Alpine chose carbon graphite for the tweeter because it is rigid enough to perform like a hard dome tweeter but maintains the natural sound characteristics of a soft dome tweeter. The tweeter delivers increased accuracy and extended high frequency range (up to 40kHz) without the harshness that is sometimes associated with hard dome tweeters. This allows listeners to enjoy true Hi-Res Audio sound quality.||The super compact network slides open so you can easily gain access to the adjustment jumpers. You can adjust the tweeter level in 3 steps (-3 / 0 / +3 dB) and the tweeter phase (normal / reverse).|
Alpine X-S65C – Overview
Critical Evaluation of In-Car Sound
Alpine’s top engineers from all over the world gathered in Alpine headquarters to deeply research and evaluate in-car sound from aftermarket and high-end factory systems. Many systems had a wide dynamic range and reached sufficient volume levels, but lacked the reality of instruments and spatial imaging. As a result, Alpine ID was developed to address this issue.
Alpine: Image Defined
Alpine ID for short, is the new global philosophy with an evolutionary approach for solving what’s missing in most car audio systems these days: great spatial imaging and depth of stage. It centers on developing matched sound systems that work together to create a highly realistic sound stage with great dynamic range and quality.
All-New Design for Overall Improved Performance
The all-new designs are built for maximum linear motor force for realistic reproduction of any type of sound source. Premium materials were meticulously selected to contribute the performance of the X-Series speakers:
- New radial neodymium motor structure: A pole-type neodymium magnet positioned inside the voice coil (as opposed to outside) creates an improved magnetic circuit with less loss for more efficient power delivery. Since the magnet is smaller than conventional designs, it allows the depth of the X-Series speakers to be much shallower and thereby compatible with more vehicles.
- New nanofiber cone: The small-diameter nanofibers create a cone structure that is lightweight and rigid, for increased sound accuracy. Nanofiber cones also have good internal damping, so residual energy decays quickly without distorting the original music tones.
- New carbon graphite tweeter: Alpine chose carbon graphite for the tweeter because it is rigid enough to perform like a hard dome tweeter but maintains the natural sound characteristics of a soft dome tweeter. The tweeter delivers increased accuracy and extended high frequency range without the harshness that is sometimes associated with hard dome tweeters.
Other premium materials used in the X-Series speakers include a cast aluminum frame for strength, and Alpine’s HAMR (High Amplitude Multi-Roll) surround technology for linear range of operation.
Alpine X-S65C – Features
- 1?? (2.5cm) Hard Dome Carbon Graphite Tweeter
- Neodymium Magnet
- Surface Mount Application
- Nano-Fibre Cone
- Radial Ring Magnet Design
- HAMR Surround
- Large 35mm Voice Coil
- Ultra High Density Neodymium Magnet
- Shallow Mounting Design
Network (X-S65C and X-S69C only)
- Compact design for easy installation
- In-line Network Design
- Tweeter level Adjustment: 3 Steps (-3, 0, +3dB)
- Phase adjustment (normal / reverse)
- High Grade Network Components
Alpine X-S65S – SPECIFICATIONS
- Peak Power: 360 Watts
- RMS Power: 120 Watts
- Woofer Mounting Diameter: 137 mm
- Woofer Mounting Depth: 59 mm
- Crossover Size : 45 x 70 x 30 mm
- Frequency Response: 55 Hz – 50 kHz
- Impedance: 4 Ohms
- Recommended Amplification : 120 W RMS, per Channel
- Sensitivity : 89dB / W (1m)