Focal studied the interaction between speakers and amplifiers so that their FPS Series amps can make your speakers sound their absolute best. Focal makes no compromises when it comes to the design and internal components in their amplifiers, so you’ll get reliable, high-fidelity reproduction for your music.
Focal FPS4160 – Description
The Focal FPS 4160 4-channel amplifier sends 120 watts RMS per channel to your front and rear pairs of full-range speakers or components. You can use this versatile amp to power four 2-ohm subs with 200 watts RMS each, or switch to 2-channel mode and drive a pair of subs with 380 watts RMS each.
You can even power your front speakers with two of the amp’s channels while bridging the rear channels to drive a single sub. High-pass, low-pass, and band-pass filtering adjusts the output to match a wide variety of speakers, components, and sub combinations and a wired remote level control for the rear channels give you even more control over your subs’ performance.
Focal FPS4160 – Technical Specifications
- 4-channel car amplifier
- 120 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (200 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)
- 380 watts RMS x 2 bridged output at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- variable high- and low-pass filters (50-500 Hz or 500-5K Hz)
- variable band-pass filter (50-500 Hz, 500-5K Hz)
- Class-AB amplifier design
- thermostat-controlled, progressive-speed cooling fan
- remote level control (channels 3-4)
- optional High Cap outboard capacitor modules increase power efficiency
- frequency response: 10-52,000 Hz
- pre-amp inputs
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- fuse rating: 40A x 2
- Dimensions: 59 x 429 x 254 (HxWxD) mm
High-Cap Plug-in capacitors
Optional High Cap outboard capacitor modules plug directly into the amp, smoothing out any power fluctuations caused by sudden system demands, so you enjoy consistent, superb sound quality.
Sound In Motion, your local Focal Car Sound Specialists, Stockists and Installation Centres on the Sunshine Coast