Digital Media Receiver
The Alpine iDE-178BT is a mech-less Head Unit that combines all the cool new features and functions such as Alpine TuneIt App compatibility for iPhone and Android based phones, allowing full sound tuning and sharing via your phone, as well as new Facebook message alerts.
It is also compatible with the vTuner for Alpine iPhone app, giving you thousands of internet radio stations with control from your Head Unit.
BassEngine Pro means top quality sound with a 24-Bit DAC and the high resolution display ensures best visibility in any lighting conditions.
It’s Steering Wheel Remote Control Ready and Vehicle Display Interface Ready, for a perfect install in almost any vehicle.
If your car is equipped with a start-stop engine, this Head Unit is even more interesting for you, since it will keep playing when your engine stops at a crossroad.
More over with key features like 3 x 4V Preouts enable this unit to be connected to multiple amplifiers to enhance your listening experience.
Best of all, 9 band parametric EQ, time correction and high pass / low pass filters give you maximum control to tune the sound exactly how you like it.
Built-in Bluetooth gives you audio streaming from enabled devices and hands-free calling with full phone book/contacts access.
What’s more, Alpine’s TuneIt app allows the unit to find, customise and save tunings, as well as receive Facebook notifications with text-to-speech.
The Alpine iDE-178BT with its stylish fascia is further complemented by the choice of four illumination colours to perfectly match your car’s interior. The all-new high resolution LCD displays 3 lines of text including RDS (Radio Data System) information, Facebook notifications plus animated source graphics.
* 1 Year Warranty as per Alpine Electronics Australia Terms and Conditions
Built-in Bluetooth Plus not only allows you to make and receive phone calls, it also provides battery, text message and reception icons to keep you informed. AVRCP 1.4 Bluetooth means you can also stream your favourite music wirelessly, straight from your Bluetooth enabled phone. Plus, view and navigate through your tracks using the song/artist/tag information displayed conveniently on the ultra-sharp display.
App direct mode allows passengers to control your music, right from the iPod or iPhone. Third party apps such as Tune In Radio, Soundcloud and Pandora can also be used to listen to your favourite tracks. The song, artist, station and album information is even shown on the display for maximum convenience.
Alpine’s TuneIt application is designed to make smartphone integration a breeze, offering advanced audio tuning, search and download of preset audio parameters and Facebook access optimised for on-the-run information.
Best of all, Alpine’s App Direct Mode compatible head units support the use of both Android and iOS devices to access the TuneIt app.
Sound tuning from your phone
Download the Alpine TuneIt app and connect your iPhone via USB or your Android-based phone via Bluetooth. Your phone instantly becomes a sound tuning
interface. As you change settings on the phone, you hear the results, so you can customise the sound exactly how you want.
After making your sound settings, upload them to the Alpine Cloud Server to share them with other Alpine fans. You can also check out their settings, and rate them. Download some high rated or interesting settings and try them in your car. The database will keep growing, so check back often to see new ones.
Facebook in your car
The TuneIt app also keeps you in touch with your Facebook friends. When you receive a new message, you get a visual notification on both smartphone and head unit, plus a sound notification through your car’s speakers. The visual notification includes a big
“f” logo and the sender’s name, with the profile picture shown on the phone
Download TuneIt from the App Store or Google Play
The all-new TuneIt app turns your phone into an interface for custom sound tuning, Facebook updates and more! Compatible with iPhone and Android-based phones like Samsung Galaxy.
Download from the Apple App Store or Google Play.
Alpine IDE-178BT – Features and Specifications
- Memory Presets: Preset Stations (FM:18, MW:6, LW:6)
- Memory: Auto Memory
- Seek Mode: Local/DX Selection
- RDS Functions: TA, TP, AF, PTY, News, Radio Text
- Built-in BLUETOOTH® Module
- Hands Free Calling: HFP (Hands Free Profile) or HSP (Head Set Profile) Compatible Phones
- Streaming Music: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) Compatible
- Streaming Music Control: AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile) Ver.1.4 Compatible
- BT Plus Advanced BLUETOOTH Technology
- Connection: SSP (Secure Simple Pairing) Supported
- Phone Book: Phone Book Synchronization
- Phone Book Search: 3 Letters Alphabet Search
- Speed Dial: 6 Pre-set Memory
- Multiple Phone Number Registration: 4 Phone Number Registration Possibility
- Phone Book Label Display: Mobile, Home, Work, Other
- Voice Dial Operation: Voice Control for iPhone Supported
- Auto Answer
- Call Waiting
- Call History Display: Dialled Call, Received Call, Missed Call
- Speech Volume Level Adjustment: Adjustable for Outgoing and Incoming Volume
- Hands-Free Phone Sound Setting: 5 Type Selection
- Signal Strength Indicator
- Battery Level Indicator
- Output Speaker Selection
- Menu Language Selection: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Russian
- Firmware Updatable
- Microphone Included
Made for iPod® / iPhone®
- Compatibility for iPod/iPhone: Made for iPod touch 4th/3rd/2nd/1st Gen., iPod nano 6th/5th/4th/3rd/2nd/1st Gen., iPod classic 160GB/120GB/80GB, iPhone 6+, iPhone 6S, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G and iPhone
- Connection: KCU-442i (sold separately) Required
- Available Selections: Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, Podcast, Genre, Composer, Audiobook, Genius Mix
- Alphabet Search
- Percentage Search
- vTuner Internet Radio: vTuner for Alpine Compatible
“vTuner for Alpine” is currently not available in the iTunes store.
- App Direct Mode
- Direct Up/Down: Playlist, Artist, Album, Genre, Composer, Episode Up/Down
- M.I.X. (Shuffle) Play: Song, Album, All
- Battery Charging
Alpine TuneIt App
- Sound Setting Function
- Sound Setting Data Upload to Alpine Cloud Server (Data Sharing)
- Facebook Notification
- Compatible for iPhone and Android Smartphones: Available on Apple App Store and Google Play Store
USB Media Connection
- USB Connection: Rear USB Connection
(USB Cable Included)
- Music Playback: MP3, WMA, AAC File Playback
- USB Class: Mass Storage Class
- File/Folder Name Search
- Folder Up/Down
- M.I.X. Random Play: Folder, All
- Bass Engine™ Pro:
- Subwoofer Level Adjustment
- Subwoofer Phase Select
- Subwoofer System Select
- 4Volt PreOut
- Equalizer: Flat, Pops, Rock, News, Jazz, Electrical Dance, Hip Hop, Easy Listening, Country and Classical
- 9-band Parametric Equalizer
- Digital Time Correction
- Digital Crossover Setting
- Application Volume Level Setting
- Power IC Management System
- Power Output: 4 x 50W High Power Amplifier
- Display: High Resolution LCD Display
- White LED Backlighting System
- Illumination Buttons: 4 Illumination Colour Selectable (Blue/Green/Red/Amber)
- High Grade Audiophile Design
- 3 PreOuts (4V, Front + Rear + Subwoofer)
- 24-bit DAC
- AUX-In: Rear AUX Input (3.5mm mini jack)
- Steering Wheel Remote Control Ready
- OEM Sub-display Ready
- Remote Control Ready
- Menu Language: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Russian
- Clock / Calendar
- Firmware Updatable
- Detachable DIN Trim Plate
- Detachable Face Plate
- Power Antenna Lead
- Remote Turn-On
- Start-Stop Engine unaffected
Max Power Output Ratings
- Max Power Output: 4 x 50W
- Tuning Range: 87.5 – 108.0 MHz
- Mono Usable Sensitivity: 0.7 ?V
- Alternate Channel Selectivity: 80 dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 65 dB
- Stereo Separation: 35 dB
- Capture Ratio: 2 dB
- Tuning Range: 531 – 1,602 kHz
- Usable Sensitivity (IEC Standard): 25.1 ?V / 28 dB
- Tuning Range: 153 – 281 kHz
- Usable Sensitivity (IEC Standard): 31.6 ?V / 30 dB
- USB Requirements: USB 1.1/2.0
- Max. Power Consumption: 1,000 mA
- USB Class: Mass Storage Class
- File System: FAT 12/16/32
- MP3 Decoding: MPEG Audio Layer-3
- WMA Decoding: Windows Media™ Audio
- AAC Decoding: AAC-LC Format ??.m4a?? File
- Number of Channels: 2-Channel (Stereo)
- Frequency Response: 5 – 20k Hz (±1 dB) *May differ depending on the encoding software and bit rate.
- Total Harmonic Distortion (at 1kHz): 0.008 %
- Dynamic Range (at 1kHz): 95 dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 105 dB
- Channel Separation (at 1kHz): 85 dB
- BLUETOOTH® Version : Bluetooth v2.1 + EDR
- Output Power: +4 dBm Max. (Power Class 2)
- HFP: Hands Free Profile
- HSP: Head Set Profile
- A2DP: Advanced Audio Distribution Profile
- AVRCP: Audio/Video Remote Control Profile v1.4
- Subwoofer Level Adjustment: 0 to 15 dB
- Subwoofer Phase Setting: 0° or 180°
- Bass Level Control Range: ±9.1 dB at 100Hz
- Treble Level Control Range: ±9.1 dB at 10 kHz
- Time Correction: 0.0 to 336.6cm (3.4cm step)
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 1): 20 – 100 Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 2): 63 – 315 Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 3): 125 – 500 Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 4): 250 – 1k Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 5): 500 – 2k Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 6): 1k – 4k Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 7): 2k – 7.2k Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 8): 5.8k – 12k Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 9): 9k – 20k Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Gain): -7 to +7 dB
- Parametric Equalizer (Bandwidth): 3, 4, 5
- Crossover Frequency: HPF + LPF 20, 25, 31.5, 40, 50, 63, 80, 100, 125, 160, 200 Hz
- Crossover Slope: Flat, 6, 12, 18, 24 dB/oct.
- Crossover Gain: -12 to 0 dB
- Application Volume Level Setting: ±14 dB
- Power Requirement: 14.4 V.DC (11-16V allowable)
- Pre Output Voltage (Before Clipping): 4V / 10k ohms
- Aux In: 1.4V / 10k ohms
- Maximum Mounting Angle: 35°
- Weight: 1.1 kg
- Din Size: 1 DIN
- Chassis Size (W x H x D) mm: 178 x 50 x 162 mm
- Nose Piece Size (W x H x D) mm: 168 x 45 x 24 mm
Sound In Motion Home Of Alpine Electronics on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland.