8 inch Touch Screen Navigation Multimedia Head unit
Capacitive Touch Screen
Alpine X108AU – Advanced Navigation with 1DIN chassis and 8” Capacitive Touch Screen
The Alpine X108AU brings you the many benefits of the latest iGO Primo navigation software. This cutting-edge software employs ultra-fast route calculation, so there’s less waiting before you start driving. It also features improved map graphics and user interface, as well as very smooth zooming and map rotation. In addition, you get dozens of new navigation options and features, making both short drives and long trips more efficient and pleasurable.
You get a wide variety of advanced tuning features, including the ability to use the versatile TuneIt app with Facebook linkage. Excellent sound quality complements its wide compatibility, including built-in Bluetooth with Voice Dial Function. Enjoy stunning navigation map detail, and even in the 50/50 split screen mode you have a clear view of all operations.
Made in Japan
High Resolution Touch Screen
The 8-inch (20 cm) high-resolution display allows full operation of the system via touch-screen technology and features the latest video technology for outstanding picture clarity, contrast and resolution. This allows navigation maps to be displayed in stunning detail, while movies or video clips become a real cinematic experience. The user interface is very intuitive and is designed to perfectly integrate into your vehicle. You’ll soon appreciate the ease of use and convenience of direct touch operation.
All New User Interface
We redesigned the user interface to allow fast switching of applications with a single swipe of a finger. If you for example view and iPod playlist on your screen, all you have to do is swipe your finger from right to left to view the navigation map and iPod screen in a convenient split screen arrangement. Another swipe will show you the navigation map in full screen. This operation methodology works in all four directions to quickly and easily reach the most often used functions. You will especially like this functionality while driving since it eliminates to look for specific buttons.
High Resolution Audio – FLAC Decoding (USB)
FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) is an audio format allowing playback of high resolution recordings with higher bit rates and sampling offering true audiophile sound quality, whilst still compressed enough to be practical for easy music transportation in small devices.
Combined with the Alpine X108AU, full use of an upgraded sound system is enabled with sound reproduced as close to the artists intentions as possible.
8-inch Screen with 1 DIN chassis
More and more vehicles feature a dashboard space for a 7” or 8” screen, however behind the screen there is no space to fit a full 2DIN product. The Volkswagen Golf 7, Skoda Octavia 3 or the new SMART are vehicles with such dashboard design. Alpine designed the X108AU to overcome this problem by putting a 1DIN chassis in the back of a 8” screen. With a car specific installation kit you can achieve a perfect installation and operation.
The Alpine X108AU puts the power of advanced sound processing in your car with BASS ENGINE SQ to maximise bass sound and overall tone balance, plus lots of custom tuning functions like Digital Time Correction and Dual HD EQ. Best of all, you can control them easily from your smartphone with the Alpine TuneIt App. 24-Bit DAC and 4-volt PreOuts, too!
The Alpine system allows you to enjoy movies, music videos or TV shows from many different sources, such as DVDs from the optional optical drive, USB sticks, the latest smartphones with HDMI output or portable video devices (optional cables or adapters are required). You can also connect your iPod or iPhone to enjoy your video content on the high-resolution 8-inch display. For driving safety the video playback feature is only available if the vehicle is not in motion.
The Alpine X108AU is equipped with an HDMI port. Using an optional HDMI cable you can connect any smartphone or media device with an HDMI output to see the content on the Alpine X108AU screen. You can even use and iPhone 5 or 6 and connect it via the lightning plug to enjoy the iPhone video or photo content on the Alpine screen (requires additional cables and adapters).
The Alpine X108AU also includes an HDMI output to connect a rear monitor system with HDMI.
Built-in Bluetooth® Technology
The built-in Bluetooth® module allows wireless connection of a mobile phone for hands-free communication, while frequent software updates ensure full compatibility with the latest phones. A very intuitive user interface makes it very easy to operate and also includes a speed dial function for the most frequently called numbers. Bluetooth® also enables audio streaming from the phone: audio content or even internet radio can be wirelessly transferred to the unit.
The X108AU works with Alpine’s cool and convenient Alpine TuneIt App to bring you custom sound tuning features right from your smartphone.
You can upload your sound settings to the Alpine Cloud Server to share them with other Alpine fans, and see their settings. The app also displays Facebook messages, lets you “Like” them and even reads them to you!
Download Alpine TuneIt App with TTS from the Apple App Store or Google Play.
Alpine provides an increasing number of installation kits, including everything from mechanical parts to adapters and interfaces for Steering Wheel Remote Control and Vehicle Display (if available). Kits are under preparation. For more detailed information please ask your dealer.
One Look Display
Our innovative “One Look” split-screen technology allows the driver to view the navigation map and audio playback information at one glance. This eliminates the need to switch between different applications. You can switch from full screen to One Look view with just a swipe on the display. This function is especially useful on long highway trips.
Points of Interest
You can easily search for POIs by category, name, distance and other criteria. This is very helpful when looking for a specific restaurant franchise or a specific gas station brand nearby. Restaurant information includes the phone number next to the address and food type – with a quick tap on the screen you can call ahead and reserve a table.
View maps in 3D with detailed buildings and landmarks. This feature helps you to better orientate yourself in big cities. Speed restriction display and speed camera warnings (not available in France) give you further driving assistance.
TMC Route Guidance
Lane Guidance lets the driver know which is the best lane to be in, while Dynamic TMC Route Guidance provides live traffic information for avoiding traffic jams and recalculates the route if necessary.
Map updates can be purchased at any time online through naviextras.com
Connection for Alpine Climate Control and Parking Sensor Interfaces
Many original factory head units have climate control and parking displays, which will be lost if the unit is removed. With this unit, this is not a problem, as it supports Alpine interfaces that provide attractive graphic displays of climate control and parking information. This ensures full integration of the Alpine system with the car for greater driving safety and convenience.
Parking Assistance Technology
The optional rear-view camera system provides parking safety with cutting-edge camera technology. The rear-view camera automatically activates when reversing and also mutes the audio so you can hear the parking sensor signals. You not only have a clear view to the rear, you can also see useful distance guides for easier parking.
Rear View displays what is directly behind the car. Use This when reserving into a parking space, for example.
Panorama View displays a wide view behind the car. Use this when you want to view a wider than normal area behind the car.
Camera display gives you a clear view as you park. Front and rear distances are also shown. The system automatically mutes on reverse to hear the sensor sound.
Optional Multi View Rear Camera HCE-C252RD
With the HCE-C252RD you have a choice of four viewing modes. Multi-view splits the screen so you have a clearer view of both left and right behind the car. Top view is very convenient when backing up to hook up a trailer, enabling you to get within centimetres of the trailer. There’s also a picturein-picture function that shows the regular rear view in a small screen when you’ve selected a special viewing mode.
Multi-view splits the screen so you have a clearer view of both left and right behind the car. There’s also a picture-in-picture function that shows the regular rear view in a small screen.
Top view is convenient for precise reversing, for example to hook up a trailer. There’s also a picture-in-picture function that shows the regular rear view in a small screen.
Alpine X108 – Features
- Memory Presets: Preset Stations (FM: 24 / MW: 6 / LW: 6)
- Memory: Auto Memory
- Seek Mode: Local / DX Selection
- Built-in BLUETOOTH® Module
- Wide Band Speech Technology
- HFP (Hands-Free Profile) Compatible
- Streaming Music: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) Compatible
- Streaming Music Control: AVRCP (Audio / Video Remote Control Profile) Ver.1.5 Compatible
- Advanced BLUETOOTH® Technology
- Connection: SSP (Simple Secure Pairing) Supported
- Individual Profile Connection Hands Free Phone and Music Streaming
- Phone Book: Phone Book Synchronization
- Multiple Phone Number Registration: 5 Phone Numbers can be stored for one name
- Device Name Display
- Call History Display: Outgoing Calls / Incoming Calls / Missed Calls
- Redial Function
- Speech Volume Level Adjustment: Possible for Outgoing and Incoming Volume
- DTMF (Touch-Tone) Function
- Signal Strength Indicator
- Battery Level Indicator
- Menu Language Selection: 24 Languages
- Firmware Updatable
- Microphone Included
Made for iPod® / iPhone®
- Compatibility for iPod/iPhone: Made for iPod touch 5th/4th/3rd/2nd/1st Gen., iPod nano 7th/6th/5th/4th/3rd/ Gen., iPod classic 160GB/120GB/80GB, iPod with video, iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, iPhone5S,iPhone5C, iPhone5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G
- Connection: KCU-461iV / KCU-471i Required (Sold separately)
- Music & Video Playback Compatible with KCU-461iV only
- Available Selections: Playlist / Artist / Album /Song / Podcast / Genre / Composer / Audiobook
- Alphabet Search
- Artwork Display
- Direct Up / Down: Playlist / Artist / Album / Genre / Composer
- M.I.X. (Shuffle) Play: Song, Albums, All
- Battery Charging
- Advanced Address Search
- Post Code Search
- Free Form Search
- Partial Name Search
- Advanced POI Functions
- Smart Routes: Smart Routes using historic traffic patterns
- Advanced Route Planning
- Eco Route Search
- 7 Alternative Route Recommendation
- Advanced TMC Mode
- Map Display Mode: 2D Heading Up, 2D North Up, 3D
- 3D City Mode: 3D Building/Icon Display
- Elevation Map Display: 3D maps with elevation mode
- 3D Motorway Junction View: Junction View with Sign Post
- Drive Lane Suggestion
- Tunnel Mode
- Highway Mode
- Voice Guidance Mixing
- Direct Phone Call from POI data
- Advanced Comprehensive 4WD Off-road Mapping
- 3 Positioning Sensors: GPS, Gyroscope, Vehicle Speed Pulse
USB Media Connection
- USB Connection: USB Extension Cable Included
- Music Playback: FLAC/MP3/WMA/AAC Playback
- File / Folder Name Search
- Tag Info Search
- Folder Up / Down
- M.I.X. Random Play
- Bass Engine SQ
- Bass Engine™ Pro
- Subwoofer Level Adjustment
- Subwoofer Phase Select
- 4V High Voltage PreOut
- Equalizer: Flat, Pops, Rock, News, Jazz, Electrical Dance, Hip Hop, Easy Listening, Country, Classical
- Dual HD EQ (9-band Parametric Equalizer front/rear)
- 6 Channel Digital Time Correction
- Digital Crossover Setting
- Customized Sound Setting by Car Type
- MediaXpander HD
- Application Volume Level Setting
- Sound Setting Data Download
- Easy, Step-by-Step Sound Customization
- Alpine TuneIt App ready
- Power Output: 4 x 50 W High Power Amplifier
- Advanced Power IC
- Display: 8inch Capacitive WVGA High Resolution Display
- White LED Backlighting System
- 50/50 Split Screen: Left / Right Position Changeable
- Control Type: Touch, Drag, Flick
- My Favorites Function
- Automatic Setting Change for 2 Users
- High Grade Audiophile Design
- PreOut: 3 PreOuts (4V, Front / Rear / Subwoofer)
- AUX-In: 1 A/V AUX Input
- Steering Wheel Remote Control Function
- OEM Sub-display Function
- Remote Control Ready
- Navigation Guidance Mix
- Camera Connection & Built-in Controls for Multi-View Cameras
- Camera Guide Line Adjustment
- Rearview Camera Display Automatic Boot-up
- Simple Mode & Info Mode Display Selection
- Visual EQ
- Live Contrast Adjustment
- Menu Language: 24 Languages (for AV / Bluetooth), 29 Languages (Navigation Menu and Voice Guidance)
- Auto Dimmer
- Anti-theft security code
- Firmware Updatable
- Power Antenna Lead
- Remote Turn-On
- HDMI Input (Alpine HDMI cable included)
- Engine Start-Stop unaffected
- Ready for optional DVD Player DVE-5300
Map & Database
- Online Map Update
- Perfect F.I.T. Kit Solutions available
Alpine X108 – Specifications
- Screen Size: 8-inch Capacitive WVGA
- LCD Type: Transparent Type TN LCD
- Operation System: TFT Active Matrix
- Number of Picture Elements: 1,152,000 pixels (800 x 3 x 480)
- Illumination System: White LED Backlighting
- Effective Number of Picture Elements: 99.99%
- Colour System: NTSC, PAL
Max Power Output Ratings
- Max Power Output: 4 x 50 W
- Tuning Range: 87.5 – 108.0 MHz
- Mono Usable Sensitivity: 8.1 dBf (0.7 µV / 75 ohms)
- 50dB Quieting Sensitivity: 12 dBf (1.1 µV / 75 ohms)
- Alternate Channel Selectivity: 80 dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 65 dB
- Stereo Separation: 35 dB
- Capture Ratio: 2 dB
- Tuning Range: 531 – 1,602 kHz
- Usable Sensitivity (IEC Standard): 25.1 µV / 28 dBf
- Tuning Range: 153 – 281 kHz
- Usable Sensitivity (IEC Standard): 31.6 µV / 30 dBf
- USB Requirements: USB 2.0
- Max. Power Consumption: 1,500 mA (CDP Support)
- USB Class: Mass Storage Class, Play From Device
- File System: FAT 16/32
- MP3 Decoding: MPEG-1/2 AUDIO Layer-3
- WMA Decoding: Windows Media™ Audio
- AAC Decoding: ACC-LC format ??.m4a?? file
- Flac Decoding
- Number of Channels: 2-Channel (Stereo)
- Frequency Response: 5 – 20k Hz ±1 dB *Frequency Response may differ depending on the encoder software/bit rate
- Total Harmonic Distortion (at 1kHz): 0.008%
- DynamicRange(at 1kHz): 95 dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 100 dB
- Channel Separation (at 1kHz): 85 dB
- GPS Antenna Type: Micro-strip Planar Aerial
- Reception Frequency: 1575.42 ±1 MHz
- Reception Sensitivity: -130 dB Maximum
- Reception Method: Parallel 12 Channels
- BLUETOOTH® Version: Bluetooth V2.1+EDR
- Output Power: +4 dBm Max. (Power class 2)
- HFP: HFP (Hands Free Profile)
- OPP (Object Push Profile)
- PBAP (Phone Book Access Profile)
- HSP (Head Set Profile)
- A2DP: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile)
- AVRCP: AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile)
- SPP (Serial Port Profile)
- Subwoofer Level Adjustment: 0 to +15
- Subwoofer Phase Setting: 0° or 180°
- BASS ENGINE SQ: 5Mode, Level 0 to +6
- HighPassFilter: 20 / 25 / 31.5 / 40 / 50 / 63 / 80 / 100 / 125 / 160 / 200 Hz
- HighPassFilter (Slope): Off / -6 / -12 / -18 / -24 dB/oct.
- HighPassFilter (Gain): -12 to 0 dB
- LowPassFilter: 20 / 25 / 31.5 / 40 / 50 / 63 / 80 / 100 / 125 / 160 / 200 Hz
- LowPassFilter (Slope): Off / -6 / -12 / -18 / -24 dB/oct.
- LowPassFilter (Gain): -12 to 0 dB
- Time Correction: 0.0 – 9.9ms (0.1ms step)
- Dual HD EQ Front + Rear
- Parametric EQ
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 1): 20 – 100 Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 2): 63 – 315 Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 3): 125 – 500 Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 4): 250 – 1k Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 5): 500 – 2k Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 6): 1k – 4k Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 7): 2k – 7.2k Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 8): 5.8k – 12k Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Band 9): 9k – 20k Hz
- Parametric Equalizer (Gain): -14 to +14
- Application Volume Level Setting: -14 to +14
- Input Format 720p/480p/VGA
- Output Format 480p
- Power Requirement: 14.4 V. DC (11-16V allowable)
- Pre Output Voltage (Before Clipping): 4 V / 10k ohms
- Maximum Mounting Angle: 30°
- Din Size: 1DIN chassis and 8” Capacitive Touch Screen
- Chassis Size (W x H x D) mm: 178 x 100 x 147 mm
- Nose Piece Size (W x H x D) mm: 190 x 121 x 22 mm