Focal studied the interaction between speakers and amplifiers so that the Focal FPS Series amplifiers can make your speakers sound their absolute best. Focal makes no compromises when it comes to the design and internal components in their amplifiers, so you’ll get reliable, high-fidelity reproduction for your music.
Focal FPS1500 – Description
The Focal FPS 1500 mono subwoofer amplifier delivers up to 550 watts RMS to a 2-ohm sub — plenty enough to fill most vehicles with clean and powerful bass.
This amp is designed to handle low-impedance loads, so you can power a 1-ohm sub with 800 RMS watts of thunder. Low-pass and subsonic filters, a bass boost, and a phase switch let you tailor the sound to complement your vehicle and sub enclosure.
Focal FPS1500 – Technical Specifications
- mono subwoofer amplifier
- 320 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (550 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- 1-ohm stable (800 watts RMS x 1 at 1 ohm)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- variable low-pass filters (50-500 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- switchable subsonic filter (20 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost (0-9 dB at 45 Hz)
- phase switch
- Class-D amplifier design
- thermostat-controlled, progressive-speed cooling fan
- dynamic soft clipping protects speakers from distortion
- remote level control
- optional High Cap outboard capacitor module increases power efficiency
- frequency response: 10-2,500 Hz
- preamp inputs
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- fuse rating: 40A x 2