PAC SWI-RC – Steering Wheel Control Interface
Control functions such as volume, mode and track on most Alpine, Pioneer, Sony, JVC, Clarion and Kenwood radios equipped with a wired remote control input.
PAC SWI-RC – Product Features
- Retains steering wheel control functions when replacing the factory radio
- Retains programming even if the vehicle’s battery is disconnected
PAC SWI-RC – Compatibility Notes
- The aftermarket radio MUST be equipped with a wired remote input (3.5mm headphone style jack or Blue/Yellow wire) to be compatible (ex. a port or wire on the back of the radio labeled W/R, REM, Wired Remote, Remote, Rem Cont etc.). If the radio does not have a wired remote input then you will need to use the SWI-X.
- Not compatible with Kenwood models: KDC-X598, KDC-BT318U, KDCBT-758-HD, KDCBT-558U & KDC-X798. These models must be used with the SWI-CP5.
- Clarion model CZ500 does not support remote Bluetooth controls
- JVC model numbers KW-NT1 and KW-NT3HDT do not support Presets Up and Down from steering wheel controls
- Pioneer AVIC-Fxxx radios do not interpret radio preset seeking commands. This is a limitation of the radio not the SWI-RC. There is no correction for this unless it comes from Pioneer.
- Pioneer radios with Bluetooth feature, the steering wheel controls will not adjust the phone call volume. The phone call volume must be adjusted on the face of the radio. This is a limitation of the radio not the SWI-RC. There is no correction for this unless it comes from Pioneer.
- Only the AVIC-Z110BT, Z120BT, Z130BT, Z140BH and the AVIC-X920BT, X930BT, X940BT will support the Voice Recognition function via wired remote input.