Polk Audio MM1240DVC 12” Subwoofer
With a heart pounding 425 Watts continuous/800 Watts peak power handling capacity, the Polk Audio MM1240DVC subwoofer not only plays loud but sounds great.
As a result of 3 years of Polk research and development, the new Polk Audio MM1240DVC 12” Subwoofers have been designed to offer unparalleled sound quality with exceptional fit to meet virtually any application. Borrowing technology from our flagship SR Series, the Polk Audio MM1240DVC 12” Subwoofer delivers a lot of subwoofer for the money.
Through the use of high-tech carbon composite baskets, oversized voice coils, and state-of-the-art composite cones, we offer high-end audio performance normally found only in the most expensive loudspeaker systems.
- New polymer woofer cones and butyl rubber surrounds will not break down over time and will survive the rigors of harsh automotive environments.
- High temperature copper voice coil (51mm) and polyamide former withstands the most rigorous use while maintaining extremely low distortion for bass punch and output.
- Nickel plated heavy duty input terminals accommodate speaker wire up to 8 AWG or twisted pairs of 12 AWG.
- Carbon composite basket based on the spokes of a wheel is lightweight, will not flex during peaks and looks great! Don’t be afraid to show off the back of your woofer.
- Klippel optimized components using a state-of-the-art Klippel distortion analyzer, Polk engineers were able to optimize the woofer’s motor structure, voice coil alignment and suspension for the best possible performance, even at extreme listening levels.
- Marine Certified Polk MM Series speakers are built tough to withstand the toughest environments so they are perfect for use in boats of all types. That’s why Correct Craft offers Polk Audio speakers in their award-winning Nautiques ski and wakeboarding boats.
- Available matching grilles complement the wheel spoke design.
- Single voice coil configuration (MM1240) also available.
All Polk Audio products are made using the best materials and the most advanced manufacturing techniques. They pass the industry’s most exhaustive quality tests, including drop testing, extreme signal response and UV & salt exposure testing. Polk Audio loudspeakers are built to perform for a lifetime.