Rockford Fosgate PM262
6″ Marine Coaxial Speakers
The Rockford Fosgate PM262 Marine Speakers are a Punch 6″ 2-way component system with a coaxially mounted tweeter featuring marine grade weather proofing technologies.
Supplied in all white with a stainless steel sport grille.
- True Marine Grade compliance
- UV stable Centrex™ 814 injection molded plastic parts
- Corrosion resistant gold plated polarized input terminals
- Injection molded mineral filled polypropylene cone body with UV inhibitors
- UV and Salt-Fog resistant TPE (Thermo-Plastic Elastomer) surround
- 1″ (25mm) bridge mounted component grade coated aluminum alloy tweeter
- 18 gauge corrosion resistant removable Stainless Steel grille cover insert
- Fully insulated flex lead wire stitched under spider
- Spare terminal set for optional additional tweeters
- Moisture, tear and fatigue resistant Aramid fiber spider
- Linear, high excursion matched motor magnetics and suspension design
- Integrated 12dB/octave sealed crossover with integrated protection circuit
- Removable trim ring/grille
- Available in black or white
Element Ready – Speakers
These speakers are protected against Dust, UV, Water, Corrosion, and feature Stainless hardware.
Rockford Fosgate knows that when you shop for speakers for your boat, UTV or motorcycle, you are looking for something that is not only going to sound amazing but stand up to the elements. We specify high grade UV resistant materials for our speaker housings and grilles and make sure that they meet ASTM testing standards. We also subject them to salt spray (fog) testing to make sure that exposure to the environment will not cause issues with corrosion, both from a hardware or electrical connection standpoint.
Dust – We make sure that displays and motor structures are sealed up tight so they look as clear as possible and perform day in and day out no matter how many times you hit the trails.
UV Inhibitor Materials – Centrex and ASA plastic materials are used for their UV radiation resistance and components are tested in accordance with ASTM D4329 testing and certification procedures.
Water Tested – IPX5 and IPX6 Ratings allow for the components to be directly sprayed with water without water incursion.
Corrosion Protection (Speakers) – Components are tested for salt spray corrosion resistance and conform to ASTM B117 certification.
Stainless Hardware – Stainless hardware is used due to its natural resistance to corrosion and rusting. This ensures that electrical connections will not degrade over time due to exposure to the elements.
ASTM Test Standards
Marine Grade standards ensure resistance to extreme environments.
ASTM B117 salt/fog test standard provides accelerated aging in a controlled corrosive environment to produce relative corrosion resistance information for specimens of metals and coated metals.
ASTM D4329 test standard is intended to induce property changes associated with end-use conditions, including the effects of sunlight, moisture, and heat.
VAST Surround – Marine
U.S. Patent Patent Pending
The Vertical Attach Surround Technique significantly increases a subwoofer’s effective radiating cone area up to 25%.
Rockford Fosgate’s proprietary surround technique, VAST, provides up to a 25% increase in the speakers effective radiating cone area without complicated installation issues. This design alters the typical design and manufacturing technique by eliminating the large flat glue surface area (the landing), which allows the surround to be shifted for increased cone area. In turn, both nominal efficiency and maximum output capabilities are dramatically improved.
FlexFit Basket – Marine
The slot mounted frame pattern allows fine-tuning of the marine speaker’s mounting position.
Sound In Motion, your local Authorised RockFord Fosgate Specialists, Stockists and Installation Centres on the Sunshine Coast.