BMW 3 Series Navigation Multimedia Head Unit
BMW In-Dash Navigation Solution
The Zenec Z-E3215 Navigation Multimedia Station has been specifically developed for your BMW, which is evidenced by the amber button illumination and customized styling of the front panel, which makes this ZENEC naviceiver blend in perfectly with various BMW 3 Series models.
With the ability to integrate into the existing automotive electronics, the Zenec Z-E3215 can be linked to the steering wheel controls, Optical Park Sensors (OPS) and the Climatronic control status via the vehicle-specific CAN bus interface, provided your vehicle supports these features.
Model /Type /Year
- BMW 3 Sedan E90 2005 to 2011
- BMW 3 Touring E91 2005 to 2011
- BMW Coupé E92 2005 to 2011
- BMW Convertible E93 2005 to 2011
The Zenec Z-E3215 replaces the BMW CD Business/Professional Radio. Acoustical parking sensor integration for vehicles with OEM installed PDC is emulated by the device itself, via the internal buzzer.
The Zenec Z-E3215 has been specifically developed for your BMW, which is evidenced by the amber button illumination and customized styling of the front panel, which makes this ZENEC naviceiver blend in perfectly with various BMW 3 Series models.
With the ability to integrate into the existing automotive electronics, the Z-E3215 can be linked to the steering wheel controls, Optical Park Sensors (OPS) and the Climatronic control status via the vehicle-specific CAN bus interface, provided your vehicle supports these features.
Communication, Navigation, Entertainment
The Zenec Z-E3215 has an integrated Parrot Bluetooth module. A new feature is the Speaker Independent Voice Recognition function, or “voice command”, which allows you to control call functions and dial phone book contacts using voice commands.
Most devices struggle when driving through tunnels, cities or where there is poor GPS reception. With the innovative Multisensor Dead Reckoning system built into the GPS, this will no longer be a problem as the Zenec Z-E3215 uses other vehicle data to continue to map your route guidance.
You can also enjoy high quality audio and video via iPod/iPhone or USB. The Zenec Z-E3215 is able to playback digital media in formats such as MP3, WMA, Xvid and AVI. With the included USB-hub, you connect up to three USB 2.0 devices and an iPod/iPhone (ZE-NC-IPS/5 lead available separately).
FM Tuner with DSP
The analog radio receiver of the Z-E3215 naviceiver features a DSP algorithm to minimize noise on low level FM station broadcast signals and radio playback for improved clarity.
Steering wheel remote control integration
The Z-E3215 is connected via the vehicle-specific CAN Bus interface to the factory installed steering wheel remote controls. A/V sources (radio, CD/DVD, MP3, USB) are operated in identical fashion as with the OE radio before.
BMW Power System integration
BMW vehicles cut off all electrical users/modules from the battery approximately 30 minutes after the central locking system is engaged. The Zenec Z-E3215 saves the device settings and user data internally, so when the car is unlocked (CAN wake up), it will re-load the data from its internal memory.
OE parking sensor integration
Data present in the CAN network for factory installed parking sensors is read, processed and displayed via the ZENEC OPS (Optical Park Sensors) on the touchscreen of the device. Acoustical PDC integration is provided by an internal buzzer.
A/C control status info integration
The status data of the Climatronic, if installed in the respective vehicle and present in the CAN network, is displayed as pop-up information on the Zenec Z-E3215 touchscreen display during adjustment of any A/C related functions.
DSP HPF/LPF crossover
The Zenec Z-E3215 features an internal DSP with active crossover functions, processing the pre-amp line level signals and the speaker outputs (internal amp) with selectable high- and low-pass frequencies and 12 dB/oct. crossover slopes. This provides for the best integration of active subwoofers in passive/active system configurations.
GPS Navigation System
– 3D High-Definition split-screen navigation
– EMultisensor dead reckoning for accurate navigation performance (without GPS signal)
– SD card based navigation system (on 8 GB memory card)
– Premium POI database
– TTS Pro voice guidance for 28 different spoken languages
– Realistic 3D rendering of terrains and landmarks, Tunnel-View, 3D Auto-Zoom for crossings and roundabouts, Real Junction View
– Eco and Smart Route Planning, Calculation of Real-Time Route Alternatives
– Text-to-Speech function
– Parrot Bluetooth hands-free module
– DSP audio processing for background noise masking
– Synchronization of up to 1,000 contacts with up to 5 telephone numbers per contact
– Advanced phonebook contact search function
– Voice control of phonebook contact dialing functions in 8 different EU languages
– Selectable internal or external BT microphone
– USB hub allocating three USB 2.0 memory devices (each up to 64 GB)
– Compatible USB file formats: MP3, WMA, AVI, Xvid
– Gracenote “More Like This” for USB audio source and “one-click” generation of playlists by selection of one track
– BT-music streaming via A2DP with AVRCP 1.4
– DSP crossover with HPF/LPF function
– 4 x 40 watts class-D amplifier
– 24 bit D/A converter
– Made for iPod/iPhone
– 6.2″/15.7cm 16:9 HD TFT-LCD display with HMI for 22 different languages
– FM RDS tuner with DSP noise masking and 30 preset stations (18FM/12AM)
– 1 x IR-remote control
– 4.2 RCA pre-amp line outputs (4V)
– 2.0 RCA pre-amp line outputs (fixed level)
– 2 x RCA composite video outputs (NTSC)
– 1 x RCA A/V input
– 1 x RCA video input for rear view camera (CVBS)
– Connectivity for touchscreen compatible DAB+ or DVB-T devices
Vehicle Specific Features
– Steering wheel remote control integration via CAN*
– Optical Park System (OPS) integration via CAN*
– Climatronic control status integration via CAN*
– BMW power system integration
– Amber key illumination
* Functionality only provided if your vehicle is fitted with these features